I wasn’t really planning on talking about a lot about the ways white men and Asian women meet on social media, but let’s face it – there are very few people left in this world who aren’t on some sort of social media platform, and if you’re one of them, you are really missing out. You can’t resist social media if you are single and looking to meet the person of your dreams. Sorry. That’s just the way it is these days.
So what is the best social media platform for white guys to meet Asian girls (and vise versa)? I’ve already written extensively about the power of using Instagram for dating, and I deem that to be the holy grail for singles looking to mingle.
But what about twitter? Twitter is really nice in the sense that it’s perfect for those short on time and prefer to interact with others in short to-the-point bursts. Unlike Instagram, you don’t have to have nice photos to create an interesting feed of content – just start talking, say whatever it is you want to say in 140 characters or less, and you’re done. For some, that simplicity makes it the perfect communication tool.
But how easy is it for white guys to meet Asian women on this platform? At the time of this writing (June 2017), there are an estimated 328 million active users on twitter. Chances are pretty good that many of them are single and looking to mingle. You just have to find them.
Let’s look at the pros and cons of using Twitter to meet Asian women
- As I just mentioned above, the user base is huge. 328 million active users, and it’s growing every day.
- Twitter doesn’t require as much time as Instagram (in general). You’ve got only 140 characters to say something, so there’s no need to write paragraphs of text to get the attention of someone.
- 140 characters of cleverly written text will get someones attention more than a full paragraph would anyway – so embrace this limitation!
- It’s easy to find Asian women to mingle with. Twitter is very popular in Asia, and since it’s a global platform, many of them speak English. Just know that you’ll do better if you speak their language though. Make the effort!
- If you find someone interesting who doesn’t seem to be interested in you. It’s ok. Move on. There is an unending supply of people to meet on Twitter.
- Twitter is not (at it’s core) a visual platform. That tends to make things difficult when trying to show who you really are as a person.
- Saying something interesting in 140 characters or less is not as easy as it sounds. It takes practice!
- Unless you are specifically searching for people who use the hashtag #single (or something similar), you will most likely annoy every single woman you approach if you start off telling them how beautiful they are. Remember: Twitter is not a dating platform, so tread lightly.
- To elaborate further on the point above, it will take some time to find someone who is 1). single and looking, and 2). interested in you as well. Because of that, you have to consider Twitter as just another tool in your dating tool box. It’s not the holy grail dating platform – and as a matter of fact, success will be challenging unless you are on 24 hours a day.
Keep in mind that while I wrote this article from the male point of view, the same points apply if we switch this around. Asian women looking to meet white men on twitter will face much of the same challenges that the men will, but just as it is in the real world, they will have much more success. The success rate is naturally pretty high when a woman approaches a man, so ladies, keep that in mind if you are feeling nervous about introducing yourself to your Twitter crush. If he’s single, he’ll very likely be interested in starting a conversation with you.
So there you have it. Twitter can work for guys who are looking to meet Asian women online, but it’s a lot more difficult than Instagram due to the fact that it’s a less visual platform and you’ll have to rely on your wit and charm to get your foot in the door. And for many guys, that could be a problem…
Asian Girl + White Guy Dating Advice!
Subscribe to my mailing list to get relationship tips and advice to your email inbox (the really good stuff I don't talk about in public).
Thank you for subscribing! Please check your email - a confirmation link has just been sent to you and your subscription will not be active until you click that link.
Something went wrong.